Consumption of tea throughout the day in intervals is one of the best habits for a better life. While there are a number of medicinal and positive effects that it inflicts, there are some downsides as well. This is one of the main reasons why it’s best to drink tea but not overdo it. There are a number of varieties of tea that are available in the market nowadays. Each of them has their distinctive taste and beneficial properties. It is best to know about them before jumping head first into drinking them.
In this specific article, we are going to be looking into some of the most popular teas that are drunk by people for a healthier lifestyle. We are also going to cite some of the beneficial effects that they impart and why they are good for health.
How to choose a good brand of tea?
Before we jump straight into the different types of tea, let us talk a bit about the choosing process. A balanced consumption along with good quality tea is the key to those perfect results that anyone seeks. If the quality is not up to the mark, there is no use in drinking the tea. Some of the major things to be aware of while buying a brand of tea are:
- If you are looking for a herbal tea for medicinal benefits, it is best to look for the natural ones. Several brands tend to add artificial flavours and oils which are not good for health.
- It is always advisable to get tea bags rather than loose tea because the tea bags have precise quantities for a perfect brew.
- Another thing to look for is a good brand in the market. It is always good to opt for the quality of the tea and not the quantity. Several cheap costing teas have no beneficial effects on one’s health.
Types to indulge in
The very first one that tops the list is obviously Green Tea. This specific variety is known to have a number of beneficial effects on the health. The anti-oxidants, catechin and polyphenol help in imparting a number of positive effects on one’s health. Some of the primary benefits of drinking green tea include:
- Helps with weight loss
- Helps treat Diabetes Type II
- Helps reducing chances of cancer
- Helps in delaying onset of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
- Helps in having good gums and teeth
- Helps in reducing stress levels
- Helps in proper functioning of brain
These are some of the most prominent health benefits of drinking Green Tea. It is best to drink two to three cups of the warm concoction throughout the day and not overdo the same.
The Ginger Tea is often the best solution for someone who has an upset stomach or is running a temperature. There are a number of infused ginger teas that are available in the market but it is best to opt the natural way. One can simply boil a piece of ginger root with the tea’s water and then add in some lemon or honey for a better taste. It is best to let the ginger properly boil and infuse with the water for better effects.
Ginger Tea is very good in treating:
- Stomach problems or indigestion
- Helps cure nausea and vomiting
- Is good for the throat during cough and colds
Much like the Ginger Tea, the Peppermint Tea has great medicinal values as well. They are good for people dealing with a bloated stomach or any kind of abdominal gas. It is best to drink this tea occasionally when required. Drinking excessive amounts of peppermint can be bad for heartburns or may cause indigestion.
Peppermint tea is best for:
- Curing abdominal gas and bloated stomach
- Helps in relieving muscle spasms
Tea is often regarded as something that’s drank to keep the mind alert. It has contradictory effects on one’s body as well. For example, the Chamomile tea helps in fighting off insomnia. The tea is said to impart a sense of calm and peace after drinking it. This tea is also good for people suffering from cough and bronchitis. It is best to let the tea bag sit in the warm liquid for 10 to 15 minutes to properly brew it for that best flavour and taste.
Chamomile tea helps cure:
- Cold and bronchitis
Lemon balm tea
Yet another type of tea that is very popular amongst the people is the Lemon balm tea. It is very effective in charging up one’s self and lifting that gloomy mood. This tea is good for lessening the stress levels as well. This tea is often consumed by small children as well because it helps in ensuring a good night’s sleep.
Lemon Balm tea helps in:
- Keeping stress levels in check
- Lifts up one’s spirits
- Is good for a good sleeping cycle
It is best to not get distracted by the odd name because this has a number of health benefits. It is rich in Vitamin C along with several other minerals and nutrients. It is rich in anti-oxidants which help in ensuring a better immunity and helps fight diseases.
Rooibos tea is good for:
- Wards off the diseases
- Delays the ageing process
- Keeps the skin healthy as well
The Rosehip is the commonly found fruit in the rose plant. While many people don’t know the properties of it, they have a number of benefitting effects on the health. They are rich in Vitamin C much like Rooibos tea and is good for the immune system. They are a very good boost to the health of a person.
Rosehip tea has a number of benefits including:
- Protects the immune system
- Is good for the skin and tissues
- Aids proper functioning of the adrenal glands
These listed teas are some of the best ones when it comes to health benefits. Nothing can beat a perfectly brewed cup of tea on a lazy morning. It is best to know how much of the said tea should be consumed throughout the day to not overdo it. Everything should be consumed in measured quantities for those optimum effects on the health.
Vipul Makwana is a content marketing manager at “Techa” – the specialty tea boutique which provides a wide range of specialty teas all over India. He is passionate about writing and loves to write about various topics.