Tinea Versicolor Disease is caused by the pityrosporum fungus, does not usually has signs, but some people feel itching and more perspiration when getting this disease. The fungal infected area has many colors including pinkish or dark scaly small spots with sharp edges. Tinea versicolor disease usually occurs in upper arms, chest, back, neck, and sometimes on the face. For light skin, you will see pale or pinkish spots; for dark skin, you will see the light or dark spots. The infected skin is unusually tanned.
The disease can be cured if it is detected in time and combined a suitable tinea versicolor diet. Although it is a skin disease, if the tinea versicolor disease becomes a chronic disease, it is difficult to treat and can spread to others. Whatever the disease, eating also affects the course of treatment. The food that we put into the body can inhibit or stimulate disease development. Therefore, depending on types of disease as well as conditions we will have different diets.
As tinea versicolor, a Suitable Tinea Versicolor Diet also helps you to say goodbye quickly it. You need to add the following foods:
- Meat is the major source of protein, but it is important to balance protein in meat with other proteins like soy, bananas, watermelon, lettuce…Please note that you supply enough meat in your tinea versicolor diet daily.
- Consumption of beneficial oils and fats helps to enhance your cardiovascular system, as well as immune system.
- Omega 3 fatty acid is an essential part of the diet that helps to fight against tinea versicolor. Essential fatty acids offer many health benefits including better blood circulation, prevention of inflammation and strengthening of the immune system. Some good sources of the omega-3 fatty acid include salmon, walnuts, and avocados.
- When choosing fruits and vegetables, you should choose a variety of types with different colors. Types of vegetables the tinea versicolor patient should eat, include beets, spinach, vegetables with dark green leaves and carrots.
- Drink more water, at least 2 liters of water a day. Water helps the body to work well, to filter tailings, to make skin more beautiful, and also have a good effect on the treatment of tinea versicolor.
Foods To Avoid By Tinea Versicolor Patients in their Tinea Versicolor Diet include:
- Foods contain gluten (such as eggs, soda, potato chips, etc.): You may get an inflammation when consuming these foods without any signs of allergy. They can degrade your immune system. Therefore, they are top foods you should remove from your tinea versicolor diet.
- Acidic foods such as lemon can increase the level of acid in the stomach. This imbalance can exacerbate symptoms of the tinea versicolor disease.
- Tomatoes, chili powder, potatoes, white eggplant… are also the cause of inflammation, as well as the tinea versicolor. So, it is necessary to remove them out your tinea versicolor diet.
- Avoid types of processed foods or canned goods as much as possible because they contain high levels of unhealthy preservatives which have a negative impact on your immune system.
- Fast food and soft drinks are popular everywhere, but they are considered as the chief culprit in your diet in tinea versicolor case. Moreover, they also degrade immune system, accelerate the speed of skin aging.
- You have to abstain from taking C vitamin in the form of vitamins and foods such as apples, citrus fruits, tomatoes, grapefruit … Because C vitamin interrupts pigmentation of the skin, reduce copper content in blood serum, which affects the activity of tyrosinase ferment, and make difficulties in synthesizing black pigments of the skin, thereby increasing development of tinea versicolor. These foods are also things you need to note in the tinea versicolor diet. It is sure that you can remember all names of these foods when going to market.
Besides, when you get tinea versicolor, you should abstain soap, shower gel. Do not scratch, rub on the affected skin to avoid the risk of spread of tinea versicolor on a massive and prolonged time of treatment.
In additions to the good tinea versicolor diet, you must pay attention to clean your body every day. You should wear comfortable clothing so that your body does not sweat too much, which facilitates the pathogenic bacteria as well as lead to difficulty in treating the disease.