What if someone recommended you a sport that brings more health benefits and more fun than your routine gym workouts? Would not you pounce on that?
You would, particularly when you knew the kind of thrill and excitement involved with it.
Yes, you got it right. We are talking about Parkour, or the sport of free running, which is a French gift to the world. It’s basically an extreme sport that involves physical movement and crossing over of obstacles. Sounds interesting and exciting? Yes, it’s!
Parkour is about moving from one point to another by following one of many ways including running, climbing, jumping, vaulting, leaping, swinging, rolling and more. It basically is an instinctive and unstructured sport where moves and manoeuvres are not defined in advance.
While playing this sport, participants need to, or have to, perform according to their environment and obstacles. Many find it a fun and stimulating way to exercising and in fact, for some, it has become a perfect alternative to traditional gym workouts.
Parkour requires extreme focus as it was developed from military obstacle course training. It’s basically a non-combative martial art where practitioners have to tackle a complex environment and move from one point to another without using any equipment.
In a sense, you will enjoy Parkour for many reasons, including:
- You get to relish a physically challenging sport.
- You find a play sport that mixes health benefits with fun together.
- You get a sport than does not require any equipment whatsoever.
- You can do it anytime and anywhere.
- You will get booster dosages of excitement and joy in negotiating obstacles and challenges.
- You will utilize your time and energy in a positive way when you play this sport.
- It will give you a chance to show creativity and wriggle out of problems or situations.
- Your decision-making skills will get a boost and it will impact your everyday life in a big way.
- And lastly, it will keep you fit and healthy.
Full body workout
Parkour is one of those rare sports that brings full body workout. It takes care of total body fitness as it involves movements that require all the muscles in the body to work. More so, it adds fun and excitement and saves you from boring gyms and their machine-driven exercises. It lets you play, face challenges and unleash the athlete in you.