What is Tuberculosis?
Tuberculosis is a highly contagious respiratory disease caused by the bacterium named “Mycobacterium Tuberculosis”. Although this is a respiratory illness, tuberculosis can also infect and affect other parts of the body such as septicemia and lymph nodes. Tuberculosis bacteria are not easily spread through daily activities (such as wearing others’ clothes, eating, shaking hands, etc.). However, exposure to tuberculosis bacteria over a long period of time increases the risk of being affected. In addition, some other factors also contribute to the spread of tuberculosis such as weak immune system, poor health and an unhealthy diet.
Symptoms of Tuberculosis
Symptoms of tuberculosis include the fatigue feeling, prolonged cough (which may include bloody sputum during severe period), shortness of breath, weight loss, night sweats, fever with chest pain, kidney or back pain.
Top Effective Treatments for Tuberculosis
If tuberculosis is not treated properly, it can lead to death as it kills the cells in the infected body. According to the World Health Organization, 1.4 million people died because of tuberculosis infection in 2011. Tuberculosis needs to be treated by drugs and other medical treatments. Also, you can treat yourself with some other natural remedies. Here are 6 effective home treatments for tuberculosis.
Garlic is rich in sulfuric acid, which can destroy bacteria that cause tuberculosis. It also contains Allicin and Ajoene, which have been proved to inhibit the growth of tuberculosis bacteria. In addition, the antimicrobial and immune-boosting properties of garlic are beneficial for tuberculosis patients.
- Mix half a teaspoon of chopped garlic with a glass of milk and four glasses of water. Boil the mixture until it becomes solid and is ¼ of its original volume. Drink this mixture three times daily.
- Add 10 drops of garlic juice into a glass of hot milk and drink it before going to bed. You must not drink water after that as it may reduce the effect of the mixture.
- Peer 10 garlic cloves and boil them with a glass of milk. Eat the cooked garlic and drink the milk mixture. You should drink it daily for a couple of months until there is improvement.
Banana is a great source of nutrient. Moreover, the calcium in bananas can help boost the immune system of tuberculosis patients. What’s more, bananas also help relieve cough and fever symptoms.
- Take a ripe banana, crush and mix it with a cup of coconut milk, half a cup of yogurt and a teaspoon of honey. Drink this mixture twice a day.
- Drink a glass of banana juice every day.
- You can also drink juice made from banana tree-trunk to relieve symptoms such as chronic cough, productive cough, night sweat, fever and other symptoms. For about 2 hours, take 1 – 2 cups of banana juice slowly until the symptoms diminish.
Fennel contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, which can help remove tuberculosis germs and reduce inflammation caused by infection and prolonged cough. In addition, fennel leaves also contain more Carotene, Calcium, Phosphorus and Vitamin C.
- Step 1: Boil a bunch of fennel leaves with a glass of water for about five minutes.
- Step 2: Let cool and add salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Step 3: Drink this mixture daily in the morning before breakfast.
Eating boiled fennel daily can also reduce bacterial contamination. However, this method is not recommended for pregnant women.
Often, we use the flesh of custard-apple. Custard-apple contains antioxidant properties, which contribute profoundly to the treatment of tuberculosis.
- Step 1: Boil the flesh with 25 seedless raisins with half a cup of water until the mixture becomes solid and is only about one third of the initial amount of water.
- Step 2: Filter the mixture and add two teaspoons of powdered sugar and ¼ teaspoon of cardamom and cinnamon, then let cool.
- Step 3: Drink this mixture twice a day.
Black pepper helps cleanse the lungs, relieve chest pain caused by tuberculosis. Thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties of black pepper, it can reduce inflammation brought about by bacterial infection and prolonged cough.
- Step 1: Boil 8 – 10 peppercorns with melted butter.
- Step 2: Add a little flour (if any) and let cool.
- Step 3: Divide the mixture into three equal parts and drink separately in a few hours.
Orange contains a lot of mineral and essential compound for the body. Orange juice has sputum removal effect just like saline, which helps reduce productive and whooping cough and protects the body from secondary infection, which is also known as post-infection, the stage when tuberculosis bacteria only appear in lungs, before they continue to develop through other parts of the body such as blood, kidney, etc.). Orange also boosts the body’s immune system.
- Step 1: Add a little salt and a teaspoon of honey into a glass of fresh orange juice. Mix this mixture thoroughly.
- Step 2: Drink the mixture twice a day, one cup in the morning and one in the evening.
These Useful Home Remedies For Tuberculosis was shared by Guest Blogger. If you like the post – Effective Home Treatments For Tuberculosis, Please comment your reviews and feed back for this post to motivate our Guest Bloggers.